SPICY PUMPKIN SOUP
2 whole pumpkins
1 quart chicken or vegetable stock
1/2 cup heavy cream
Salt to taste
2 tsps. chipotle powder
A dash of ancho chili powder
Pumpkin seeds or croutons
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place pumpkins on cookie sheet, and roast until soft.
- Once cooled, slice in half and scoop out seeds and pulp.
- Scoop out flesh in a bowl and set aside.
- In a pot, heat pumpkin flesh with stock and chili powders until simmering.
- Puree using immersion blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add cream and blend again.
- Serve hot in hollowed-out pumpkin for an extra festive flair.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream, garnish with pumpkin seeds or croutons.
Original recipe compliments of Public Service of Oklahoma Tips here
I keep trying to figure out how to share with my friends the wonder of essential oils. OK, I’ve always loved perfumes and fragrances, but I never understood how interconnected the senses are and how powerful the stimulation of pure essential oils could be. I have used them to enhance breathing, relax, treat warts, reduce blood pressure, for serenity, and for mood elevation.
Take a look at these selected magazine pages, ponder how these oils might enrich your life. Let me know if I can set you up as a distributor. Here are some selected pages from my most recent doTERRA Living Magazine.
You can visit ‘my store’ as a top tab on my website or via this link >>>
If you need help getting started, let me know!
doTERRA oils for healthy living and wellness and great recipes too. Summer Sensation salsa is fetured here and uses lime and cilantro essential oils. Quick and easy; tasty and healthy too! more
Recipe Treasures — Crosnoe to Caswell Christmas 2010-2011 Good times, good food, good memories. This book of recipe treasures through the years touches the lives of the Crosnoes, the Caswells, the Periellos and yes even the Boones. The recipes are there as well as the stories and the memories will float back to those who […]